"Twilight . . . "


Greetings,

I'm often asked from where my inspiration comes. And frankly, there's never an easy answer. I always schedule a series of meetings with all new clients - we talk about the space, review aspects of their home that they love, identify the specific challenges we need to solve, and deal with the nitty gritty issues like budget and schedules . . . but, my favourite discussion revolves around "tell me how you use your home . . ."



And I tend to hear the most fascinating stories. Stories of friends gathered around a piano during the holidays. Stories of quiet nights at home - toasting the end of a busy day with a glass of champagne. The desire for a retreat from the hectic bustle of the day.



And one evening, we were having a late meeting, as they both had long days at their offices . . and we all noticed the beautiful twilight stretching across the night sky. Of the brilliant hues on the horizon. And the lights of the city dancing across the view from the 22nd floor. And in an instant, I saw their new home. Saturated royal and navy. The warmth of camel silk-velvet and mohair. Silk. Leather. With the gleam of polished chrome.



Rich mahogany. Nubby silk. Candlelight. And intimate dinners overlooking the city.



On a table - all ready for entertaining.

Cheers,
tartanscot

Comments

Karena said…
Scot, stunning, absolutely stunning! Your vision is perfect!

Karena
Art by Karena
Aw, thanks Karena.
It was a fun project - and luckily, we were able to recreate that inspirational evening for the photoshoot.
Mrs. Blandings said…
Just beautiful - and the view!
I love how warm your interiors are. Very classic and inviting!
*Chic Provence* said…
Hi Scott

Tres classique! I love the process of finding inspiration for design...looks like you nailed this one perfectly! and yes, the view itself inspires...

Just found your blog as we are both on Diane's list today..much in common with our southern roots etc!

Stop by if you have the chance..

a bientot!

Kit
Patricia Calton Harmanci said…
Scot,
Your designs are so beautiful. This one is warm and inviting, so pleasing. It inspired me to go to your design website and I enjoyed every photo in your projects. And the site is done so well. Would you come to Istanbul and do my apartment? Then come on over to Washington, DC, and help me there also! LOVE your blog and your writing. Look forward to each and every one! Thank you.
Vickie H. said…
Absolutely EXQUISITE!!
Anonymous said…
Sigh - so not like my life!
Olive said…
Lovely and elegant. Well done.

~olive~

Popular Posts